Friday, June 27, 2008

Things I've been bit by:

Okay..weird post, but with all the animals I've raised/handled over the years, and working at the pet store, I have been bitten by MANY different critters. So..here is a list of all the different critters that have bit me-
*Snakes
*Parrots/Birds of many sizes, shapes, and colors..some to the point of needing emergency care. Macaws can bite REALLY hard
*Mice
*Rats
*Hamsters
*Chameleon
*Anole
*Iguana
*Piranha-No joke, but it was only a little bit bigger than a nickle, and I did scoop it up in my palm...an Idiot Moment
*Cats
*Dogs
*Sugar Glider
*Robertson's Ground Squirrel (miniature prairie dog)
*hedgehog
*ferrets
*Raccoon
*Cow/ actually a calf
*Piney Squirrel
*A few different species of fish (Mostly Cichlids and a few clown fish..Nemo really has a pissed off attitude)
*Bearded Dragon
*Turtle
*Rabbit
*Guinea Pig
*A few frisky human fellows too

I'm sure there are more to put there that I'm just not thinking of right now. Not all of them drew blood, but a lot of them did. The worst was a macaw bite. SO...you would all think I would be smart enough not to put my fingers or anything else close enough to these critters for this to happen again, yet I do. I guess I handle them and always just figure the worst they can do is bite me, and then they usually do.


SO what kind of odd critters have you been bitten by?

2 comments:

Elizabeth McClung said...

Well, I was and it turns out when I go into PTSD I turn back into a biter. My parents actually bought me a chewing post to try and keep the resale value of my bedposts high since my brother would bring me to the brink of violence and I would go and gnaw away dreaming of his neck. Seriously. No, I'm not disturbed, why do you ask?

Okay, what is a Sugar Glider?

As a city girl, I can tell you the MANY, many different machines and vending machines which have bitten me - does that count?

Tammy said...

A Sugar Glider is a flying squirrel type creature with giant eyes, that remind of a bush baby. They are either incredibly cute, or extremely ugly, it's just so hard to tell sometimes.

The very thought of my teeth touching wood makes me cringe. I think your brother was very lucky you didn't actually go for his neck, although he most certainly deserved it.